Friday, March 16, 2012

Morning of Day 2

The last dose was 3:30 yesterday afternoon, so that meant setting an alarm for this morning's dose. She needs to have a little food in her tummy and doses need to be less than 15 hours apart. She asked that they add grape Kool-Aid to the peanut solution (during Day 1-she just had peanut flour & water) and didn't have any complaints when she tasted it.

Now, she has to be observed for an hour and can't exercise (or get her heart rate up) for at least 2 hours. If she does, it's more likely to trigger a reaction. She is extremely comfy on the couch, so I don't see that being an issue today - school mornings will be a different deal...

Please note--I am not a doctor. I am a mom...a mom with 3 kids & a to-do list that never quits & a brain that is running out of room, so I don't have all the answers and I may get some of the medical specifics wrong. This blog will be written as accurately as possible because I am excited about sharing this journey with others. Many children have had great success with this treatment and I hope my daughter will have her name added to that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment