Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Taking a little break...

We increased on July 20th to 7 peanuts (12 peanut M&Ms).  We are taking the next two weeks "off" so the kiddos can visit grandparents.  Calista will be spending a week at the beach with her grandmother.  This trip would not have happened without desensitization.  There is no way I would have been able to relax enough to send her anywhere without me for that length of time.  I would have worried that they wouldn't read every label, that they would forget the Epipens, etc.  So many little details to remember and a life-threatening allergy that requires full attention and complete vigilance around the clock.  I spent 6 years thinking that no one else could do it like I could...I was always on alert, always worried about Calista's safety.  In reality, the people around us are very aware, very careful.

I cannot explain the many ways desensitization has changed her life and the lives of each member of our family.  We are so thankful for Dr. Wasserman and his entire staff!!

1 comment:

  1. Best news ever!!! So happy that you are now free of fear everyday of your lives. Most importantly, your daughter has a tolerance that will hopefully prevent any life-threatening reactions in her future. No longer a slave to the peanut.

    ReplyDelete