Friday, August 17, 2012

155 days in

155 days ago, Calista and I arrived at Dr. Wasserman's office to begin her Day One of desensitization. Today, we will increase to 10 peanuts every 12 hours.

She started 1st grade yesterday. We didn't need a peanut free classroom. We don't need a peanut free table. We don't have to spend every second waiting for the phone call about her having a reaction. Now, the school secretary may get a nice response when she calls me :) I always worried and almost hit panic mode every time the school phone number showed on my phone.

I'm so thankful we found Dr. Wasserman. This treatment has changed our lives in so many ways!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. Desensitization has changed my daughter's life in amazing ways. I am so excited that she will be safe from the fear of the unseen peanut.

      Delete
  2. Becky, do you think we are safe now from being at a regular lunch table (as opposed to peanut free?) When our daughter starts school, she will be on 2 peanuts twice a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. I would definitely ask your allergist. We didn't go back to school until she was on 8 peanuts twice a day, so I didn't even ask the question until then. I'm not sure where the line is when the doctor would feel comfortable that an accidental ingestion/exposure wouldn't be dangerous.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! Becky! This is so awesome! I cannot wait until this feeling of security! What an amazing feeling!

    @Anonymous... a little girl in our allergists office will no longer be eating at the peanut free table at 2 peanuts/day (1 peanut twice/day) when school starts in two weeks.

    This is the most exciting advancement in our lives! God bless!

    ReplyDelete