Monday, August 27, 2012

A little baseball, a little rain and mint chocolate chip.

My husband, my father-in-law and my girls enjoyed a major league baseball game yesterday.  Yes, there was a rain delay.  No, the Rangers did not come out on top.

But...Calista had mint chocolate chip ice cream!!  And that (as all you faithful readers know) is AMAZING! Even more amazing for me was the ability to let her go, to relax and know she would be safe.

Without Dr. Wasserman and Dallas Allergy Immunology, none of this would have happened.  Without a mom sharing her family's story and giving me the name of doctor, none of this would have happened.  Call this office.  Call another doctor.  Call someone.  Desensitization works.  It isn't easy.  Others have had many more setbacks than we experienced.  It is worth it.  It is worth the effort to make your child safer.  It is worth the time, the travel, the money to see your little girl enjoy an ice cream at a baseball game in a cute little baseball cap.



Again, I'm not a doctor.  I am a mom.  I am the self-appointed peanut police.  I knew nothing about peanut allergy until Calista's diagnosis.  After that point, I learned everything I could and shared the information with every person that would listen (and some who wouldn't).  My daughter is safer today than she was in March before she began desensitization.  Her life is forever changed.

1 comment:

  1. It's absolutely amazing! It's really the simple things that people take for granted, like going to a baseball game with peanut strewn bleachers and eating an ice cream at the game that mean so much. We hope to be able to do this too one day! Our desensitization journey cannot start soon enough!

    ReplyDelete