Thursday, March 22, 2012

Contact Reactions and thinking everything around is a bomb...

I really feel bad for our school secretary.  Every time she calls...I'm immediately thrown into emergency/panic mode.  Usually she isn't calling about a reaction, but every single time I see the school's number on caller id...that's my immediate thought.

Calista's eye is itchy and one side of her face is red.  Really???  She hasn't eaten anything unsafe, but that is just a tiny piece.  She has had multiple contact reactions, so someone could have eaten nuts with breakfast and had just enough residue to cause a reaction.  It could just be something in the air- I know the pollen counts are crazy right now.  BUT we have no idea. And now, I'm on the verge of freaking out...and I know her teachers are cautiously watching for the reaction to end or get worse.  Just a great reminder as to the importance of this desensitization treatment and how much better her life will be once she completes the treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment