Friday, June 8, 2012

2 whole peanuts.

Part of me thinks this really isn't even worth a blog post. The visit was so normal and routine. 85 days ago, Calista started with a peanut solution with the tiniest fragments of a peanut and I was so very scared. I volunteered for this, drove 90 miles and sat watching a nurse give her poison. I strongly contemplated packing a flask of liquid courage that day just to steady my nerves.

Fast forward 85 days... she ate two whole peanuts. We sat in the doctor's office for the required one hour. We went to our regular lunch place and then drove home. The doctor's office and dose increase was the most "normal" part of our day (by far). And I still have that voice that says "Holy Moly! That nurse just gave her a peanut" -- but it isn't scary for me anymore. And with this treatment her world is able to be a little larger & she is safer & maybe one day...she won't worry about the peanut shells on the ground at the ballpark. Maybe she will be able to worry about the game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment