Friday, June 1, 2012

78 days

78 days ago, Calista and I sat together in Dr. Wasserman's office for Day One of peanut desensitization treatment. I heard about him through a mother at school. I was so very excited about the possibilities this treatment could offer Cal. The night before Day One, I sat in a hotel room finally focusing on the fact that we were really starting this journey and that I'd be allowing a doctor to give her the substance I had so desperately avoided since her first reaction (prior to her first birthday). Holy moly that was scary!! But we started Day One and she had one dose and it was okay. And 15 minutes later, she had another dose and it was okay.

And now, we have been on this adventure for 78 days. Today, Cal will increase to one whole peanut. Two weeks ago, she increased to the equivalent of 1 peanut (in the form of peanut flour). Today. Actual. Peanut!!

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment